The talented men of One Way stopped by the Super Kpop studio for Kpop Rising with DJ Sam Carter. One Way (원웨이) is a three member Hiphop and R&B group that debuted in 2010 under YJ Media. They recently released 2 new singles; Beautiful day (종이 바행기) & Would you be.
Peter (피터) – Vocal
Young Sky (준영) – Rapper
Chance (김정) – Vocal
About the music::
The song Beautiful day is a song about remembering childhood dreams, and wanting that youthful innocence back. ‘Would you be’ is about asking a girl to be you girlfriend. In essence the song is about proposing.
– Peter & Young Sky have a group outside of One Way called Detour.
– Peter & Young sky are from Australia & Chance is from the USA. They are all fluent in English and Korean.
– Currently they like Girl’s Day and Crayon Pop.
– Young Sky started dancing when he was 8 and has won dancing competitions. He stopped dancing when he came to Korea around age 21.
– One Way is musically influenced by Musiq Soulchild and Michael Jackson.
Q & A::
Q: What are some of your recent collaborations?
A: Eunhyuk and Donghae (Eunhae) for Oppa Oppa & I wanna dance. As well as several other SMTown artist.
Q: How did you guys meet?
A: Peter and Young Sky went to the same performing arts high school. Peter met Chance in LA and later introduced him to Young Sky. They all met up again when they were all in Korea.
Q: What do you do in your free time?
A: They play games in the studio during their breaks. They also go out for coffee and talk about music and their work. Their work and their free time is mostly all about music.
Q: Is there anyone you would like to collaborate with in the future?
A: They are interested in working with anyone you wants to experiment and try something new musically. They also want to do some work with Dynamic Duo and Drunken Tiger.
SNS:: (follow them to stay updated)
(Team onesound) Twitter = @onewayyoungsky @onewaypeter
Other twitter = @onewaychance
YouTube = onewayonesound
종이 바행기 (Beautiful day) & Would you be