McKay (맥케이) was the Hot New Face in the Kpoppin studio with DJ Isak. McKay debuted in Summer 2015 under Dorothy Company (도로시컴퍼니).
About the music::
McKay wrote “Month of June” in high school during the summer of 2008. He considers it to be a really cheesy song he wrote for his first love.
– He was on audition survival show Kpop Star 4.
– McKay was not really into the Kpop world before he ended up in it.
– He was born in Michigan, and had recently moved to California before going to Korea.
– McKay helped mom out with her Sushi business, getting what he claims to be discount wages.
– He was the praise band leader for his home church.
– McKay used to have a dream to be Profession NFL player, but he slowly gave up on that because his body refuse to keep up with that dream.
– He doesn’t believe he is a manly man but a girly girl that loves sports and being out doors.
– He says he is a terrible cook.
– McKay believes in fate when it comes to love.
– He is not into openly public relationships, he would tell his company and his mom.
– The first song he learned on the guitar was Jason Mraz’s “I’m Yours”
Q & A::
Q: How has the journey been for you since your Kpop Star days?
A: It feels as though in the blink of an eye he was on Kpop Star then another blink, and his was part of Raccoon Boys then another blink, and he was signed to a company.
Q: Ideal type?
A: He is into the cute style of girls.
Q: Which female artist would you like to collaborate with?
A: As of right now IU, and Jessi.
Q: Why are you not doing variety and various music shows?
A: He claims to be very bad at Korean, and is taking private lessons.
Month of June