ESBEE was in the Kpoppin’ studio for Star Close-up with DJ Isak. ESBEE (에스비) debuted in 2016 under BrandNew Music (브랜뉴뮤직) & Korean Roulette (코리안룰렛).
– His real name is Kim Heon Ju (김헌주)
– He was able to participate in the soundtrack of the drama ‘Woman with the suitcase’.
– He loves taking walks, calling instead of texting, photographs rather than paintings, love, and dawn.
– He loves summer because he likes the Ocean, he doesn’t like winter because its cold, and in the winter the studio is dry & it’s burdensome for him.
– He likes silence and staying still because he can’t multitask at all. He needs to focus on what he is doing, and he can’t do that when others are talking around him.
– He likes guitar, but he gave up on it when it came to learning F cords or bar cords. He feels like he likes it so much because he can’t play it.
– The original version of ‘Fly Me To The Mood’ was a deep house melody.
– ‘Fly Me To The Mood’ was inspired by his experiences, and films. It is about two lovers walking each other home.
– In college his major was for translating English.
– He would like to team up with Hyorin if he ever has the opportunity to do so.
Q & A::
Q: What personal advice would you give to someone wanting to pursue a career in the industry?
A: Even though you might have a genre that your prefer, listen to other genres and get a feel for them so that you can be an open artist. You might want to incorporate that genre into your sound.
Q: How did spend the two seasons since you last visit to the Kpoppin’ studio?
A: He did a lot of odd projects, and looking back he realized how busy 2016 was for him.
Q: When it comes to recording and producing what do you like to do?
A: When recording he likes to focus on his voice, and getting his vocals the way he wants them. When producing he has one or two dim scented candles in the study with him.
Q: Plans for the foreseeable future?
A: He putting together a full length album.
Fly Me To The Mood (데려다줘)