The Ray was in the SoundK studio for You Who Came From The Stars with DJ Leah. The Ray ( 더 레이) debuted in 2006 and is currently under NH EMG.
– His immediate family members were all piano majors.
– He was DJ Leah music teacher when she was little. She said that she didn’t remember ever having met him before.
– He has done a lot of OSTs.
– He was in a band at one point in time, and he used to be a backup dancer for Kim Wan Sun (김완선 /the Korean Madonna).
– He used to have a fan club when he was in high school.
– He said his mother drives with a hanbok on.
– The la la la la scale in different pitches are the first step that he teach students learning to sing.
– He likes cute girls
– His role model is Stevie Wonder.
– His most cherished item is chap stick / lip gloss / vaseline because his lips are constantly dry.
– If he could go back in time it would be to when he was in school and dancing, and just being young.
– One of Arirang Radio’s previous signal songs was sung my The Ray.
Q & A::
Q: How did you get into Ballads?
A: He gravitated toward Korean ballad music, because it was a genre with a sound that just pulled him in. When he was in high school he would unknowingly sing rock song in an R&B fashion. Teachers would point it out to him, and that’s when he began to think that maybe he had a taste for R&B.
Q: What are your hobbies?
A: His likes taking pictures, and going on drives. He particularly likes taking pictures of the sky. He doesn’t pick a destination when he drives. When he goes to the bus station, he closes his eyes, and when he opens them wherever they land first he will go there for no reason but to go there.
Q: How did you end up collaborating with Soyeon (소연 (from Laboum))?
A: They are in the same company, and we’re on a survival show together, and that’s how the ‘Moment Like This’ duet came to be.
Q: What is 노스탤지어 (Nostalgia) about?
A: Nostalgia is about the past and memories. Is about not being able to go back to that past time.
청소 (Clean up)