Nam Taehyun and South Club were in the Kpoppin’ studio for Be My Super Rookie with DJ Isak. Nam Taehyun (남태현) made his original debut in 2014 as a member of Winner (위너) under YG Entertainment. He debuted again in 2017 as a member of co-ed group South Club (사우스클럽) under South Buyers Club (사우스바이어스클럽).
Nam Taehyun (남태현) – Leader, Vocalist
Kang Koon Ku (강군구) – Guitarist
Choi Yoon Hwi (최윤회) – Keyboardist
Kim Eui Myeong (김의명) – Bassist
Jang Won Young (장원영) – Drummer
– They’ve been having lots of live performances to the point they are scared the fans will get bored with them.
– Taehyun thought band music was appealing particularly Blues music.
– When rearranging tracks it seems Taehyun wants the members to give honest feedback without holding back.
– When it comes to food if someone says let’s get this they’ll just agree, but since they’re all looking out for their physical appearance they don’t eat much.
– Taehyun does try to look out for everyone.
– The member who talks the most in their group chat is Taehyun.
– Taehyun is very tedious and a perfectionist when it comes to his music.
– No one has a lot of girl group songs on their phone, but Taehyun likes Red Velvet.
– According to Taehyun, Wonyoung sends the most random messages in their group chat.
– Koonku has never seen Taehyun sleeping, so he is not sure if he has any sleeping habits.
– Koonku loves noodles, especially the Japanese style of black bean noodles.
– Taehyun has a lot of tattoos, but he doesn’t know exactly how many he has, and has no plans for more currently.
– They would both like to learn English.
– They would like to do more TV shows but haven’t been getting many calls as of yet.
– Taehyun wants to do commercials, he not being picky about what the commercial is for, just that it’s be a commercial.
Q & A::
Q: How did you all met?
A: The Taehyun met the bassist and keyboardist at church. Then later the bassist introduced him to Koonku and Wonyoung.
Q: What is your song writing process? How do you make your music?
A: When making music the sometimes have jam sessions and try to find a line or a chord that sounds good and build from there. There are songs that Taehyun has written that they bring back out and rework. Then there are times when Koonku will just be playing some chords, and they’ll build something from that.
Q: What inspired you to get into music?
A: Koonku started learning guitar because he followed a friend who was going to guitar lessons. Taehyun has always wanted to become an artist, but started focusing seriously on making music when he was a sophomore in high school.
Believe U (Acoustic Guitar Live)