Samuel was in the SoundK studio for You Who Came from the Stars with DJ Leah. Samuel (사무엘) debuted in 2015 as a member of 1Punch (원펀츠). He made his solo debut in 2017 under Brave Entertainment.
– He was set to debut with Seventeen before he dropped out.
– He participated in Produce 101 season 2.
– Samuel is Korean-American fluent in English.
– His fanclub members are called Garnets (a type of flower arrangement).
– He dreams of being the Korean Chris Brown. Some people call him the Korean Jaden Smith.
– ‘Sixteen’ was written and recorded in the two weeks after he was kicked off the show. The other songs were recorded long ago.
– He was not allowed to use cellphones while on the show, and they were not allowed to eat fattening snacks regular. They wanted them to be skinny.
– He accidentally hit a fan while performing, and apologized and hugged her.
Q & A::
Q: Would you rather be called a boy or a man?
A: Right now he’d rather be called a boy. Being a man is too much pressure right now.
Q: Why did you decide to go out for Produce 101?
A: He participated in Produce 101 season 2 to show everyone what he could bring to the industry.
Q: What was it like working with Chungha?
A: He got closer to Chungha while practicing their choreography for their song Everyday. He was shy with her because he held her hand while dancing. He got really red in the face and when she asked him why he played it off like it was just really hot in the room.