We Are The Night was in the SuperKpop studio for Kpop Rising with DJ Sam. We Are The Night (위아더나잇) debuted in 2013, and they are currently under Big.Wav Music.
Byungsun (함병선) – Vocalist
Phillip (함필립) – Synthesizer
Sungsoo (황성수) – Bassist, Synthersizer
Wonjoong (정원중) – Guitarist, Percussionist
Boram (김보람) – Drummer
– Boram likes little pigs, according to him they have charisma.
– Sungsoo has a chihuahua, and Byungsun used to have a dog.
– Wonjoong is a cat person.
– Out of all of their song Byungsun likes ‘Our Younger Days’ the most, it’s a special song for him.
– Since the spring they’ve been working on a special project to release a new song every month.
– Sungsoo’s ideal type is Park Shinhye.
– In their free time they play soccer together, as well as indulge in their own hobbies.
– They say it’s hard to pick just one genre to describe their sound, but if they had to they think electronic pop is the closest to their sound.
– Byungsun likes the night more than day, but is trying to get into more of a normal daytime routine.
– Boram’s most memorable night was when he went skinny dipping in Jeju.
– Wonjoong remembers the song Creep by Radiohead from his childhood. It’s the song that really got him thinking about music.
Q & A::
Q: Why the name “We Are The Night”?
A: Originally it was the name of a song, and they thought it fit them as a group and decided to use it as their group name.
Q: What is inspiration behind your music creation process?
A: For Wonjoong going away to the beach and spending time alone with his thoughts, and people watching. The members say he’ll leave without saying anything, come back and say inspiring words like surfing, and youth and tell them to write a song about those words.
Q: What are your coming upcoming promotion plans?
A: They are preparing for a concert that will on December 12th, 2017. A new album is coming out in early November.
그 드라마처럼 (Like The Movie) & 할리데이(Holiday)