O.O.O was in the SuperKpop studio for Kpop Rising with DJ Sam. O.O.O (오오오) is a boy band that debuted in 2017 under Interpark (인터파크).
Sunghyun (가성현) – Vocalist, Guitarist
Yongho (장용호) – Guitarist
Jisang (이지상) – Bassist
Jinsang (유진상) – Drummer
– Their recent album has 7 tracks and is a continuation of their previous album.
– They’ve undergone some member changes nice their previous album.
– When they get together to write music they start off jamming (to just play without pre-planning).
– They try very hard to make their songs genderless because the people listening to their songs aren’t just one gender.
– Sunghyun is the member who gets lonely the most. He says it’s mostly at night that he has the most lonely tendencies.
– Jisang & Jinsang have the least amount of lonely tendencies among the members.
– Jinsang is a bit of a joker. He likes to do surprise attacks on the members.
– Their first solo concert was sold out. Sunghyun said he knew that was going to happen.
– They never expected to get #1 on the Korean Indie charts, and were surprised when it happened.
– Jisang always cuts his nails a week before their performances. He says cutting them the day off feels weird.
– According to the members, Yongho changes the most when they go on stage. He says that’s because he doesn’t have much to say so he tries to look cool with the guitar.
Q & A::
Q: Can you tell us about your team name?
A: They can up with the name first and decided to put a meaning to it. For them, it stands for Out of office. They like the visual aspect of it, and it also stands for “Oh” in English.
Q: How did you become a band?
A: Sunghyun and Yongho were playing in their room and naturally the feeling of wanted to play outside to the public came along. They decided they needed members, and went on the Internet, and searched for musicians. Jisang responded to their search and brought Jinsang with him since they were from the same hometown.
Q: When you make music what is one thing they are stubborn about?
A: They don’t want to sound like or copy anyone else, but they still want to sound warm and inviting. According to DJ Sam, they’ve mastered this technic.
내일 아침 (Tomorrow Morning) & 눈이 마주쳤을 때 (When Eyes Meet)