Yozoh was in the SoundK studio for You Who Came from the Stars with DJ Leah. Yozoh (요조) debuted in 2007 under Magic Strawberry Sound (매직스트로베리사운드).
– Her real name is 신유진 (Shin Yoojin).
– 보는 사람 (Observing person) is part of the movie she directed last year. It’s about how just observing can make you strong but can also make you weak. It is her reaction to the Sewol Ferry incident.
– She likes to drink alone. ( A/N: So do I.)
– She has done some acting. Her first role was in a movie.
– She owns a bookstore. It was originally in Seoul, but when she moved to Jeju Island she moved the bookstore there too.
– Her manager was a fan of hers when she was working as a DJ, he used to send messages to her everyday saying, “I’m here” or “I’m going to school today,” pretty much telling her his schedule. One day he quit his job and she saw him at her company applying for a job.
– When asked what she was good at she said crying. She says she doesn’t believe in tears, because she cries so much, sometimes for no reason at all.
– She said she doesn’t to listen to music.
– 그런 사람 (That kind of person) was written as a gift to a friend on her wedding day.
Q & A::
Q: How did you pick your stage name, Yozoh?
A: She slowly started Yozoh as her nickname for SNS after reading a Japanese novel ‘No Longer Human.’ She related so much to the male lead in the story because he seemed like the male version of her younger self. She thought about using her real name when she was promoting but decided to use Yozoh.
Q: How did you get into music?
A: She got into music when she was working at a part-time job at a jazz bar. They needed someone to do a guide vocal and liked her vocals so much they decided to use it in the official release, but they didn’t tell her. She found out when a CD arrived in her mailbox with her name in the credits.
Q: How did you get your first acting job?
A: The director saw her videos on YouTube and wanted her to play a character in his movie that was unrealistic. He picked her because she had no acting experience.
그런 사람 (That kind of person)