Hello Gayoung was in the SuperKpop studio for Music Stage with DJ Sam. Hello Gayoung debuted in 2008 as a member of Joa Band. She made her solo debut in 2013 and she’s currently under Interpark Entertainment.
– She started playing bass guitar in her second year of high school. After playing bass for Joa Band a while she got into singing because she was writing a lot of songs.
– Gayoung had fun in a band but being solo is more her pace. The music process is faster for her as solo artist, because she doesn’t need a lot of approvals for everything she wants to release.
– Gayoung doesn’t get writer’s block when writing a song, but sometimes when arranging a song she’ll get writer’s block.
– She was doing some people watching by the Hand River and noticed they all had their own aura of loneliness, and she wanted to portray it in a song (한강에서 (At the Han River)).
– For Gayoung the most important part of a song is the lyrics. Once she has the words figured out the rest of song falls into place.
– Lately she has been into riding the stationary bike she recently bought. She not sure how long this interest will last.
– Gayoung loves chicken and likes it with beer.
– She doesn’t like Soju.
– She has only been with her current company for a year.
– In February she went to London, she would like to go busking there when the weather is good.
Q & A::
Q: Can you explain your stage name, 안녕하신가영 (Hello Gayoung)?
A: Her real name is Gayoung, sand she wanted to come up with a name that was rememberable, and not just her name.
겨울에서 봄 (From Winter to Spring)
지금이 우리의 전부 (Now is our everything)