(2018/11/09 – Playing catch-up on select interviews I missed.)
Motte was in the Kpoppin studio for Be My Super Rookie with DJ Isak. Motte (모트) debuted in 2017 under Ruby Record.
– She has hosted her own radio show.
– She was in the drama Eighteen). She also had a song on the sound track. Acting was hard for her, but MV acting was easier because she had more people directing her around set.
– The way to know if your song is popular is to go to karaoke rooms. Motte went to a karaoke room with her friend to see if her song was on the list. It was and she sang it.
– At 16 when she was suppose to be studying she played the guitar instead, and started recording herself and thought she sounded good and then made her parents listen to it.
– She did an inpersonation of rapper Tablo doing an inpersonation of a famous line from a Korean movie.
– Motte stalks herself on the internet.
– She falls in love frequently. Her crush is always changing. She tends to like PDs and engineers.
– Doing aegyo is hard for her.
– Motte teaches guitar lessons.
– She would like to collaborate with Bangtan Sonyeondan (BTS).
Q & A::
Q: How did you come up with the name of the album?
A: She noticed that the songs were about things that “between” this topic or this other topic. She was thinking about how you put 4 and 4 together and get 8.
Q: What kind of song is 멀리 (far)?
A: According to Motte, it’s a song that you’ll fall in love with after you listen to it.