February 14th, 2019
Jiselle was in the Kpoppin studio for Be My Super Rookie with DJ Isak. Jiselle (지젤) debuted in 2019 under Million Market/ SMTOWN.
– Jiselle lived in the states for 6th and 7th grade. She’s fluent in English.
– She started getting into music later than most artists.
– She worked a 9-5 job for Iconic Sound after graduating from college.
– Jiselle credits the producers at Iconic Sounds with being her rock and encouraging strength while she was debuting.
– She has a method of getting other Jiselles out of the search when she looks herself up. She looks for the song instead.
– She doesn’t have an ideal type. However, she likes confident guys.
– Jiselle helped produce Lay’s Boss.
– She wants Red Velvet to do a hip-hop genre.
– Her brother was part of the writing team for Red Velvet’s ‘Bad Boy.’
– The fastest song she has written took her a day. The longest song was 6 months.
– She does the melody first, and then thinks of lyrics.
Q & A::
Q: What kind of song is 받지마 (missed call)?
A: It’s a feeling she thinks a lot of people can relate to. That feeling after a break up when you miss your lover and you call them, and then wish they don’t pick up.
받지마 (Missed call)