Queen Wa$abii (퀸 와사비) was in the SoundK studio for You Who Came from the Stars with DJ Ashley. Queen Wa$abii debuted in 2019. She is currently an independent artist.
– After graduating from college she taught me junior high Ethics as part of a teaching internship, and while she loved to teach, she decided teaching wasn’t the job for her.
– Street dancing is what got her into the hip-hop scene. She always wanted to be a street dancer.
– She’s a big fan ASAP Rocky because he is cute.
– The number one thing she learned from staying in New York was that life was hard.
– While self-training for rapping, she developed vocal nodules.
– She never imagined being a singer or rapper. She just always thought she’d be on a stage.
– The show Show Me the Money gave her the confidence to believe that she could do rap as a career.
– Before being on Good Girl she had only had 3 experiences of performing in clubs.
– Queen Wa$abii is in talks with various companies regarding signing a contract.
– Her name is Kim Sohee (김소희), and her English name is Victoria.
– She twerks when she feels down because it makes her feel better.
– She wants to meet Jay Park, and she has wanted to meet him since high school.
– Queen Wa$abii has 2 siblings (brother and sister) that her younger than her.
**Author-nim’s comment: she has an adorable laugh**
Q & A::
Q: How did the name Queen Wa$abii come about?
A: While eating at a restaurant a friend recommended her the name Wa$abii because her lyrics are spicy and sometimes crazy but cute. She put queen to separate herself from an already established DJ called Wasabii.
Q: What is the meaning behind the song 까먹었다?
A: The title has two meanings.1.) I forgot (something) and 2.) I peeled it and ate it (a censored version of the meaning).
**Author-nim’s comment: the uncensored version of the song has a lot of expletives. Refer to album imagery for a clearer meaning. (Note the banana 🍌 and what those 18+ typically use it to reference)**
신토 booty (Shinto Booty)
Brown Tigger was in the SoundK studio for You, Who Came from the Stars with DJ Ashley. Brown Tigger (브라운티거) debuted in 2017 and he is currently under Dippincarls Records.
– He first started rapping as a hobby and took it more seriously after he was released from the military.
– Originally he wanted to be a doctor (surgeon), but he gave up on that after he found out how much studying was involved.
– He really looks up to Dynamic Duo.
– The ‘Tigger’ in his stage name comes from his time in the military, his fellow troops used to call him tigger.
– He is the CEO of his label, which he created as a team with fellow independent artist friends.
– His first practice and live performance of ‘2010 years old’ with a guitar were today on SoundK.
– Between filming a music video, and writing 5 songs in a week, he would rather film a music video.
– He would like to make his label be one of the top 5 in Korea.
– Label mates say that he is lazy in everything except for when he is working.
Q & A::
Q: What was your 2020 like?
A: He released a new song every month in 2020. His favorite song was the one he released in June.
Q: What was the best thing you did in 2020?
A: He established his own label.
Q: What kind of song is 술술 (Liquor)?
A: He stopped drinking because he didn’t like the way he behaved when under the influence. This song is about his observance of people who drink.
2010 years old
2019 September 16
Signal was in the SoundK studio for You Who Came From the Stars with DJ Ashley. Signal (시그널) debuted in 2019 under J Star Entertainment.
Bokeun (김복은) – Leader
Youngho (노영호) – Vocalist
Gihwan (김기환) – Rapper
Gyuhwan (이규환) – Vocalist
– Gyuhwan and Youngho search their names on the internet to see if anything shows up.
– Youngho heard Signal’s song while buying something and didn’t know he should dance to it or just leave.
– They would like to have a world tour.
– Gyuhwan was in a band in high school as a vocalist.
– Before they debuted they promoted for about a year in Japan.
– Gihwan is the tallest member at 186ish cm.
– Youngho was part of another group (Pure) before joining Signal.
– Gyuhwan went to guitar school for three months after seeing a really good guitarist on Super Star K.
– They do skits with their audience.
– It was unanimously decided that Youngho is the best at ad-libs.
– Gyuhwan has a hard time remembering choreography, and Youngho scolded him a lot.
– Gihwan has already completed his military service and was dispatched to Lebanon for 8 months.
Q & A::
Q: What is the meaning of your team name?
A: They want their music to send a signal to the listeners giving them comfort.
Q:What kind of album is The First Signal Begins?
A: It’s an album that features house tracks that you can dance to. Their focus with this album was making the listeners feel happy.
OVCOCO was in the SoundK studio for You Who Came From the Stars with DJ Ashley. OVCOCO debuted in under
– Last year she was in a slump, and took some time for her mental health.
– Her songs aren’t available at karaoke rooms, yet.
– Ovcoco is really into board games and solving mysteries lately
– She started really getting into music in her 3rd year of college with singing. Her love for music started in high school when she was in the school band.
– She wants to learn design for her future art work.
– Ovcoco deejays with a friend at lounges and rooftop pubs.
– Her role model is her mother.
– She gets inspiration from listening to different beats. If she hears something that speaks to her she immediately make note of it, and start writing from there.
– Ovcoco thinks her DJ skills are mediocre.
– She’s into art and wants to have her say in regards to her album covers.
– Her parents are the first people to hear her new songs, and they give her their honest opinions.
Q & A::
Q: What kind of song is 247?
A: The song is about thinking about the person you like all day and night everyday. She wrote this song while thinking of herself as Wendy from Peter Pan. In this song OVCOCO stresses not to lose your purity.